Monday, July 20, 2009

I never wanted Slime so much!

Nintendo DSs have been moving big numbers around the world and now with the release of Dragon Quest IX, mountains of games and hardware are descending to the Japanese masses. I like my DS, but I get irritated when I play longer than 30 minutes. My wrists and neck start to strain and I end up missing my big screen tv and nice sound system. Now, Hori almost has me covered. Check out the new blue slime companion you can pick up in Japan for your DS Lite/DSi!

Ahh memories of those little punk slimes in Dragon Warrior that constantly ran away. I'll get you eventually!

So what exactly is this?
It's a stand for your DS. Escuse me, a stand for your DS Lite/DSi, Hori states the stand does not fit the first gen DS appropriately. When you're going through hours and hours of hacking and slashing on your new copy of DQIX, no more tired wrists from holding up the system. It's also a set of speakers so you don't get ear aches from using headphones. The speakers are compatible with any device with a standard stereo plug so it will work for all types of multimedia players like an iPod.

There's an added bonus for a stand in Japan as well since the DS can access the 1 Seg digital television broadcasting system for mobile devices. Mobile TV on your phone/DS, someday the rest of the world will catch up. Maybe.

If it was a flash player, you can bet Hulu would crit our slimey friend 999,999 points of corporate stupidity. I miss choppy Hulu on my PS3 :(

It's a neat quirky item, one I would probably pick up if I was about to dive into a huge game like Dragon Quest. Will it come overseas? Who knows, but for about $50 retail price, it would make a great addition to any gaming bookshelf.

1 comment: