Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sega, you suck.

I saw a 2D Sonic. I saw a highly acclaimed Japanese game being ported to America.

I really thought Sega was trying to get back into the 90's kick ass track.

Of course I was getting way too confident too quick.  Sega announced they are cutting content from Yakuza 3.  Specifically, the Hostess Club and the Japanese history quiz.
Subsequently, I am announcing the cancelation of my Yakuza 3 pre order with Amazon today.





Thank you Sega. Moves like this keep me in check. Expecting you to do something more relevant than just cutting content than, I don't know, reworking the aspects of the game. Change the history challenge to American history? Change the hostess club to a night club? The game was out in March of last year in Japan. With this much time, you could have improved on it in a number of ways. Now, we get Like a Dragon (the original title resonates better with me) in the same month as the million seller series FF. Is ANYONE awake at Sega?!?



Yu Suzuki, Yuji Naka - where have you gone?!?

1 comment:

  1. Not buying the game as a way to tell Sega that you're unhappy with what they've done to the game is a double edged sword in my opinion. It could also send the message that the game just wouldn't do well in the US regardless of what they did to it due to low sales. That'll stop them from localizing any other future Yakuza games or anything of the sort that relies heavily on the Japanese culture.

    ReplyDelete