Tuesday, June 30, 2009

touch and shoot!

So I finally broke down and bought an iPhone. Which of course means I get a new gaming platform that lets me sneak in sessions at work. Hey, some people go outside to smoke, I like to relax with a little touch and shoot gameplay.

The first game I bought was Metal Gear Solid Touch. So far I'm very pleased with this game. The story is just a rehash of Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots, but the gameplay is intuitive enough for using your fingers and the product quality is top notch as well. I'll start another post once I've finished the game for my impressions, but in the meantime here are some screenshots.


Tap anywhere on the screen to show off Snake's trusty M4 to the PMC troops.


Pinch the screen to zoom in for a sniper view.


Yup, (Frank) Drebin points are back. And seriously, a picture of Sunny is 100,000 points. Sunny? She's the most expensive image? Why not a Meryl and Mei Ling make out or something?


I'm a big Doom fan so I also broke down and paid $10 for Doom Resurection. A bit expensive for an iPhone game, but the quality from just the first few levels is superb.


You get your own Navi in Doom, how cute.


I wish I was joking, but this guy seriously wants to give you a big squishy hug.

2 comments: